What is an AceLift?
An AceLift is an acronym, which stands for the Augmentation of Collagen and Elastin using Lasers, Injectable Fillers and Topicals.
AceLift is a minimally invasive procedure for face and neck rejuvenation using state-of-the-art lasers for contouring the neck and jawline and to tackle skin renewal. Based on the patient, the procedure is also supplemented with the use of dermal fillers and neuromodulators, such as Botox.®
AceLift Neck is a minimally invasive procedure delivering laser energy under the skin to melt unwanted fat in the neck and to heat the skin under the chin which also promotes collagen production, skin elasticity and skin tightening.
AceLift Neck takes about 1 hour, done under local anesthesia. AceLift Face takes about a half hour and is performed about a month later.
The incision site for AceLift Neck is a tiny opening to accommodate the 1.5 mm cannula which holds the laser optical fiber, about the size of an uncooked strand of spaghetti.
Do I have to go “under”?
All AceLift procedures can be done with local anesthesia so patients do not have to go “under.”
AceLift Neck requires minimal downtime and many patients return to their normal activities within 1-2 days. A physician may require a patient to wear a support garment under their neck for a few days and at night for 1-2 weeks. All other AceLift procedures have minimal downtime and patients are usually back to normal activities anywhere from one to ten days.
AceLift Neck is typically a one-time treatment. The use of lasers for AceLift Face, AceLift Mouth and AceLift Eyes are also typically one-time treatments, which may be supplemented by dermal fillers and neuromodulators requiring a maintenance schedule.
Who is the best candidate for an AceLift?
The best candidates for an AceLift are those patients with signs of aging in the neck and face who want to look refreshed and more youthful, but still look like themselves. Patients who need a procedure with minimal downtime, pain and discomfort, and those who have a fear of surgery, anesthesia or do not want to go through the post-op protocol of a facelift make excellent candidates.
Patients that want a natural, more youthful appearance, without looking “done,” are also great candidates for this procedure. Additionally, this is the type of procedure that offers great results for both men and women, unlike some procedures that can “feminize” the male face.
Age range would likely be the 30’s to 70’s for men and women.
This procedure compares very favorably to a facelift and the results are seen very quickly as the downtime is minimal. Some key differences include:
- Downtime – An AceLift has downtime of up to ten days while the downtime for a facelift is weeks, with visible scars and many times drains for post-op fluid. There is no need to “go under” anesthesia or to “go under” the knife. Treatments are done under local anesthesia (creams and injections). There is no IV sedation or general anesthesia.
- Scarring – There is no scarring associated with an AceLift, other than a tiny 3 mm scar hidden under the chin and behind the earlobes
- Results – A natural, refreshed look versus a “pulled or done” look
- Treatment Time – AceLift Face and AceLift Neck take approximately 90 minutes, in two treatment sessions
- Cost – An AceLift costs approximately half of what a traditional facelift would cost